The fabric was bought some six or seven years ago at Madeleine Soie et Laine, a store that no longer exists in Montreal... sadly. It was very easy to machine sew the raincoat but that fabric was though on my finger. The weaving is very dense, so passing the needle between fibres was difficult when I had to hand sew the facing and sleeves hem. As all synthetic water proof fabric, it required low iron temperature as well as precaution so that I would not iron the waterproof coating applied on the wrong side.
I wanted to show pictures on me so that you could see the lenght, that I judge perfect for my height. But I have this big cold and I look terrible. I seriously do not feel like playing model for DH.
So here is a series of pictures taken on Daisy who was kind enough to pause in the cold morning we had today (6C at 9:00 this morning).
|Vogue 8934 - the collar is perfect to wear a scarf underneath, it's height protect from the wind|
|Details of the hand painting I did on patches sewn on the raincoat|
|Vogue 8934 front view|
|Vogue 8934 back view|
|Vogue 8934 view of the lining|
|I had one button hole down in light grey|
I received lots of positive comments for this raincoat. Colleagues at work were surprise that I use wall paint for the little splashes. I confirm, wall paint does not run when exposed to rain.
Now I have to sew clothes for my son's graduation. It is taking place on June 19. Silk brocard is on the table !!!