Third bra - first panties

14 h 00



It is with humility that I am showing the results of my lingerie sewing projects. I mentioned previously that my learning curve when it comes to elastics and tiny curves is very slow. But, I am progressing... this is good news;-) Be merciful with me

Ces jours-ci, je suis obsédée par la confection de sous-vêtements. J'ai dévoré le livre de Norma Loehr, je commence à connaître le blog de Cloth Habit par coeur et le catalogue the Bra Makers Supply ne comporte aucun secret pour moi... Néanmoins, la qualité de ma confection progresse lentement. Je vous montre aujourd'hui mon troisième soutien-gorge. Il n'est pas parfait, mais il est mignon tout plein...  il me plait beaucoup ! Soyez indulgent.

So here it is !


For this project I used a kit from Merckwaerdigh. The "1970ish" fabric is a light weight stretchy polyester and Lycra knit, the lace included in this kit is also a stretch lace. The mix of fuchsia, magenta, orange, green and white is fun.  All elastics provided in the kit are orange and fuchsia. Funny how much I dare color wise for my underwear. I don't think I would were such daring mix for my city clothing.


Pour ce projet, j'ai utilisé un ensemble tissus-élastiques assemblé par Merckwaerdigh. Le tissu très 1970 est un jersey de polyester et Lycra. La dentelle est également extensible. Les tons de fuchsia, magenta, orange, vert et blanc forment un joyeux ensemble de couleurs qui contrastent avec la discrétion de mes vêtements de ville. J'ai l'impression de cacher un petit bout d'été sous mes vêtements d'automne. 



I used the Malborough bra pattern from Orange Lingerie. This pattern calls for a stable fabric like Duoplex or Simplex. I then had to stabilized the fabric with a nylon tricot... it worked very nicely except for one tiny detail (rooky mistake here), I forgot to fuse a large piece of fabric and cut the bra pieces AFTER !! I did the inverse and it was a bad choice. I will not forget next time I want to fuse fabric. I had little problems with shifting pieces...   

Je reste fidèle au patron de soutien-gorge Malborough d'Orange Lingerie. Comme ce patron est conçu pour des tissus stables tels les Duoplex et Simplex, j'ai fusionné le tissu extensible à un tricot stable de nylon grâce à mon ami Misty Fuse.  Petite erreur de débutante, j'ai fusionné les deux tissus après avoir taillé les pièces...  Il fallait le faire AVANT... c'est tellement plus facile. 

This technical drawing if from Orange Lingerie and they own the copyright for this image
The following picture shows the inside of the bra. You see clearly the pink Nylon tricot fused to the Polyester knit. I also underlined the lace since it is very thin, very fluid and very unstable. The picture also shows that the fuchsia thread on the elastic...  Since I don't like the look of fuchsia thread on the orange elastic, I matched the thread's color for the panties and the look is much nicer. On the inside I added a bias of stable sheer cup lining over seem allowance. This why my top stitching is a little wonky.

This picture show the nylon tricot fused to the polyester/Lycra fabric
La photo ci-dessus montre l'intérieur du soutien-gorge. On voit bien le tricot de Nylon fusionné au jersey extensible du dessus. Pour mon confort, j'ai ajouté une biais en doublure de Nylon sur la couture entre la portion supérieure et inférieure du bonnet. Bon ok, je n'ai pas très bien enligné le tout et mes surpiqûres laissent à désirer...  mais soyez indulgent, je suis une élève au volant ;-)

Detail of the power bar and my wonky top stitching - Detail de la "power bar" ou bar de soutien et des mes surpiqûres imparfaites ;-)
The fabric suggested for the back band is power mesh or power net. I could have use the polyester knit without fusing it but I preferred to use the lace. It gives the back a pretty look.

Orange Lingerie suggère de confectionner la bande arrière avec de la mèche technique légère, j'ai opté pour une bande de dentelle. Le tricot de polyester et Lycra aurait pu convenir également. J'aime bien le look que ça donne.

Lace used on the back band and strap elastic - Dentelle utilisée pour la bande arrière et élastique de la bretelle...  mignon la couleur sorbet


For the panties, I used the super easy and wonderful Jalie 2568 - C pattern. Jeanne, is a champion in designing easy to sew, comfortable and beautiful garments. Do I ever love that woman's mind. She is a genius. If you like Brazilian panties, you NEED this pattern. It takes 30 minutes or less to get a pair of panties.




Le culotte est confectionnée avec le génial patron Jalie 2568 - CJeanne, est mon héros du design simple, beau, mode et de la confection efficace. Cette culotte se taille et se coud en 30 minutes ou moins max !

The panties pattern does not require you to install an elastic at the waist if your lace is 15cm wide. Mine was 20 cm wide so I cut the top of the lace on a straight line and installed the elastic.

Si vous employez une bande de dentelle de 15cm vous n'aurez pas besoin d'installer un elastique à la taille. Puisque cette dentelle fait 20 cm en largeur, j'ai coupé le dessus pour installer un élastique à la taille.

Here are more picture of the panties - Voici une série de photographies de la culotte de dentelle



Detail of the cotton crotch lining - une petite pièce de tricot de coton rend la culotte comfortable en couvrant la couture de la fourche




Pattern - Fabric - Notions 
Patterns: Malborough bra from Orange Lingerie - Jalie 2568 for the lace panties

Fabric: Polyester and Lycra knit and lace are form Merckweardigh on Etsy - I bought a kit for one bra and one pair of panties - Their kits are generous enough to make 2 bras and 2 panties. The kit includes the Nylon tricot to stabilize the knit.

Notions: All elastics were part of the Merckweardigh kit. The kit had enough elastic for 1 bra and 1 pair of panties.
The fuchsia bra closure is from Bra Makers Supply. The one included in the kit was white. I did not like that.

 I love !!! Bra closures from BMS

Picture tip 
I wanted to show the transparency of the lace and give a little brightness to my pictures since they were taken inside on a very cloudy day.  Here is the little installation I improvised. Simple, simple, simple, one white Plexiglas piece, two Ikea light with fluorocompact bulbs and two chairs. 

J'ai pris ces photos à l'intérieur par temps très gris. Afin d'ajouter de la lumière aux photos très ternes et montrer la transparence de la dentelle, j'ai improvisé cette installation toute simple. Deux chaises, une feuille de Plexi et deux lampes Ikéa avec ampoule fluorocompacte.

Tada !


You Might Also Like

10 commentaires

  1. Anne Marie, everything about this lingerie set is beautiful!! Love love the colours.
    And thank you for the picture taking tip. Your pictures look awesome ;)

    RépondreEffacer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Ann. It is in the same spirit as the beautiful leggings you gave me!

      Effacer
  2. These are fun! (Believe me no one will notice if the stitching is a little wonky.) Thanks too for showing your photo set up.

    RépondreEffacer
    Réponses
    1. I agree with you, they are fun and comfy on top of that. I am already on the next bra... one that is easier to sew

      Effacer
  3. Fun retro set and good to hear they are comfortable. Thank you for the photo tip.

    RépondreEffacer
    Réponses
    1. For small items it is a good tip and it is very simple to install

      Effacer
  4. Such fun! Pretty under things are like a best kept secret, only shared with the most special
    People in your life. Enjoy your pretty little secrets :)

    RépondreEffacer
    Réponses
    1. Today is a rainy day. I will wear them as a secret sun under my clothes ;-)

      Effacer

Popular Posts