Help me select a new machine !!

11 h 46

Photo taken on Pfaff's web site
Ho I need help on this one.

I am shopping for a new machine. My mind was set on the Janome 8900 but when I saw the size in real life, I changed my mind. I don't have a sewing room for the moment, so it needs to fit in a closet. Normal size or slightly bigger is ok, but no monster. I sew clothes and I don't quilt. I want a perfect one step button hole and enough power to sew a wool coat. Between Juki, Janome, Bernina, Pfaff, Husqvarna, Babylock, or ?? which model would you suggest me to test drive and read about?

I thank you in anticipation for your help.

J'ai sérieusement besoin d'aide.

Je suis à la recherche d'une nouvelle machine à coudre. Au départ je croyais acheter une Janome 8900, mais lorsque j'ai vu la taille dans la boutique. Ho ciel ! J'ai changé d'idée. Pour l'instant, je n'ai pas de salle de couture. Mes machines se rangent dans une grande penderie reservée aux tissus, aux accessoires et aux machines. Je cherche une machine de taille normale ou légèrement plus grande qui peut prendre des épaisseurs et confectionner une belle boutonnière en une étape. Entre les Juki, Janome, Bernina, Pfaff Husvarna, Babylock, quel modèle me suggérez vous d'essayer et pour lequel je devrais me documenter ? ha oui, je ne fais pas de quilting, mon temps de couture passe à la confection de vêtements de tous types, du soutien-gorge au manteau de laine en passant par les jeans.

Je vous remercie en anticipation de votre aide.



 

You Might Also Like

8 commentaires

  1. Personnellement je suis vendue à la Juki HZL F600, justement à cause de la qualité des boutonnières (et grand choix de types de boutonnières). Sans compter que la machine offre un excellent rapport qualité/prix, l'entraînement du tissu est fantastique tant dans le chiffon que dans le denim et le point droit est irréprochable aussi. C'est une des meilleures machines polyvalentes sur le marché, et le détaillant est dans Saint-Léonard (Civit machines à coudre). Quand j'aurai le budget, mon prochain achat est la Juki TL 98Q, une merveille qui ne fait que le point droit. Bon magasinage!

    RépondreEffacer
  2. Bonjour Virginie,

    Je lis toujours ton blog, mais je suis silencieuse ;-) J'adore le chemisier à pois. Quelle petit bijou féminin et délicat. Merci pour ton commentaire sur la machine et surtout de me dire où tu l'as achetée. Je songe à acheter en même temps, la F-600 et la TL2010Q (une semi-professionnelle avec le point droit seulement, mais du moteur à en revendre. Je trouve Pfaff et Bernina tellement cher. Je peux avoir deux Juki pour le prix de ces machines. Quand tu viens à Montréal, écris moi un courriel

    RépondreEffacer
  3. Sorry for the English. I"m not confident enough to write French though decent at reading it! I have two Vikings plus a Viking serger. Don't like any of them. Recently I bought an old Bernina, model 801. Got it on eBay. It is a real work horse and will do as you would like - heavy wools, one step buttonholes (and very nice ones, at that). It is metal throughout so not the lightest of machines but definitely worth the trouble. Good luck in your search.

    RépondreEffacer
  4. Should have added that I paid $250.00 USD for the Bernina.

    RépondreEffacer
  5. Thank you Annie for your feed back. great price !!! Woaw !

    RépondreEffacer
  6. Bernina for ever....extra sur tissu super fin comme super épais, boutonnières à foison, plus de 15 ans d'utilisation intensive et 1 seule panne, rapidement réglée. Elle est lourde, car c'est la seule dont le mécanisme est entièrement en métal, contrairement aux autres marques. J'ai une Virtuosa 150. Attention aux petits prix, plus attrayants mais attention à la durée de vie !
    Bonne recherche !

    RépondreEffacer
  7. Hi,
    I love your blog!
    I bought a Bernina this summer and absolutely love it. I'm beyond happy that I decided to get it.
    The 330 is the least expensive model (still well over $1000). It sews like a charm and has all the stitches and more that I need for making clothes. There is one automatic buttonhole, and that's all I need, since realistically I might sew, maybe one coat every few years, so it's far cheaper for me to get the buttonholes done professionally.
    The Bernina 380 does have 3 different automatic buttonholes, as well as a larger number of fancy stitches and alphabets, so if a choice of buttonholes is essential, I'd recommend you look at it.
    For me, perfectly even stitches and a machine that would last me a lifetime were must-haves, and the Bernina so far absolutely meets these requirements.
    Good luck making a decision,
    Barbara

    RépondreEffacer
  8. I'm curious to see which machine you'll choose - personally, I'd like idt above anything else as well as the ability to adjust the bight of buttonholes. Am I correct in thinking that we live in the same neck of the woods? If so, I visited a store today in D.D.O. and found the prices very, very high - a reliable blind hemmer was selling for $900 while Reliable sells it for $550 online (which is also high, as it is the same machine a store in the chabanel district sells for $330). If the same pricing strategy is applied to other brands, well...

    RépondreEffacer

Popular Posts