One wonderful winter day - quelle journée magnifique

16 h 34

BURDA 8017 
 
Today we have one of those perfect winter days. Not too cold, sunny and no wind. I had the time this morning to go cross country skiing in the Laurentians. Perfection, I tell you, the weather was ideal for winter sports.

Before going for a short walk in the after noon, DH took the time to photograph my coat. I have been wearing it for over one week to go to work. I could have repressed it. The single layer in the middle "ruffles"  after being wet with snow. Oh in my point of view, this is nothing to fuss about.

As a reminder, this is Austrian boiled wool in burned orange lined with kasha lining and lamb wool. I am currently working on an inside vest made with wind breaker fabric and wool. I will wear it during colder days. The wind breaker is a gift from my friend Mary Beth.

Here are some pictures I like:







Ce matin, j'ai profité de cette journée d'hiver parfaite pour filer vers les Laurentides et faire une petite randonnée de ski de fond. Un temps merveilleux, je vous dis.  -5 oC, ensoleillé avec des conditions de neige idylliques. 

En revenant à la maison, mon conjoint m'a accordé un petit 15 minutes photographiques afin que je puisse montrer mon nouveau manteau Burda. Je l'adore. Il est léger et assez chaud pour être porté jusqu'à -10oC. Je l'ai doublé en kasha et laine d'agneau. Je travaille également à la confection d'une petite veste intérieur en laine et tissu coupe vent. Ce dernier est un cadeau de mon amie Mary Beth.

Comme j'ai porté mon manteau des jours où il neigeait, la zone à simple épaisseur de laine bouilli frise un peu. Je n'ai pas pris le temps de la presser à nouveau et vous avez donc mon manteau au naturel après plus d'une semaine à m'accompagner au travail. Un bonheur ce manteau. J'espère que l'hiver sera long afin de le porter durant beaucoup de belle journée hivernale.

You Might Also Like

9 commentaires

  1. Tout simplement superbe et tellement bien porté !
    Ici aussi il neige et chez nous ce n'est pas banal.
    Bon Dimanche.

    RépondreEffacer
  2. Your coat turned out wonderfully. What an inspiring project!

    RépondreEffacer
  3. Oh my gosh, I loooooove this coat! You did such a fantastic job. I may have to copy you when I make my next coat.

    RépondreEffacer
  4. Le jour et le manteau - les deux sont magnifiques!

    RépondreEffacer
  5. "...Roses in the snow..."" et bien, magnifique !!

    RépondreEffacer
  6. It is a beautiful coat. And in a lovely bright color, perfect to wear on a cold winter day.

    RépondreEffacer
  7. It is cuter than I imagined it would be!

    RépondreEffacer

Popular Posts