The dress that took for ever part 2 - L'interminable robe prise 2

21 h 50


After a long day at work, just before the sun goes down, I was able to get DH for a very quick photo shoot. We took my little camera and the light was not perfect. There is a bit of digital noise on them :-( Not the effect I wanted but, that is ok for tonight.

Après une longue journée au bureau, mon conjoint a accepté de prendre quelques clichés de ma robe, un peu à la sauvette. Nous avions tous les deux bien hâte de manger. Les photos ne sont pas excellentes, veuillez m'en excuser. Il a un peu de bruit numérique lié à la basse lumière et parce que nous avons utilisé mon petit appareil de poche.

Do I like the dress? No not really. What don't I like... I am not certain though. The fabric probably. The pattern is neat and simple. The fabric makes me look too serious or old. As my friend Annette would say, this dress is perfect to walk the dogs... but I don't have a dog. Nevertheless some aspects of the dress are positive:

Est-ce que j'aime cette robe? Non, pas vraiment. À vrai dire, je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais je ne l'aime pas c'est tout. C'est le tissu fort probablement, le patron est charmant. Comme dirait mon amie Annette, elle est parfaite pour aller prendre une marche avec les chiens... mais je n'ai pas de chien. Malgré tout, il y a plusieurs aspects positif à ce projet tels:

  1. My sway back correction is excellent. Well done ! La correction pour la cambrure du dos est parfaite.
  2. The back neckline dart gives excellent fit in a zone that is very often problematic for me - L'ajout de la pince à l'encolure dos arrive à donner un très bon ajustement.
  3. I learned a lot about the lining quilting method - Et puis finalement, j'ai beaucoup appris en réalisant cette robe.
If you do not remember, I used the Vogue 8146 pattern for that project. - Si vous n'avez pas souvenir, j'ai utilisé le patron Vogue 8146 pour ce projet.

I think I know what I don't like !!! It is 1 to 2 inches too short.

You Might Also Like

11 commentaires

  1. Beautiful fit A-M!! You learned a lot doing this and will use it all in future projects even if you think this dress is not 100% perfect. (But really, it is.)

    RépondreEffacer
  2. Your dress is gorgeous despite what you think. The fit is perfect!

    RépondreEffacer
  3. It is lovely and the fit is perfect. The shoes are PERFECT with it!

    RépondreEffacer
  4. Wow! A lovely dress, I have learned a lot from you in the way of this dress and I hope you enjoy this beautiful dress as it deserves. You have to enjoy the spectacular result of much work!

    RépondreEffacer
  5. I'm with everyone else. This looks SUPER on you! And, even if you ultimately don't love everything about it, I know you learned a lot! It's really gorgeous and flattering.

    RépondreEffacer
  6. Anne-Marie, Bravo!!!
    La robe est parfaitement ajustée et je suis sûre que les photos ne la mettent pas en valeur.
    Pourtant je te comprends, quand tu dis que tu n'ai pas fan de cette robe, mais de la à dire qu'elle est bonne pour sortir le chien là tu exagères!!!. C'est la même chose pour moi avec ma veste Chanel, que je ne porte pas souvent et pourtant j'en ai passé du temps dessus. En fait ce qui m'a plu avec ce projet c'est tout ce que j'en ai appris et notamment le quilting comme toi !!!

    RépondreEffacer
  7. CLEARLY, your dog-walking standards are much higher than mine, because I think YOU and your DRESS are BEAUTIFUL. :o)

    Love,
    Annette

    RépondreEffacer
  8. I like it. Here's the thing: It's a fairly straight-forward, no-nonsense dress. It's what I call perfect for a LBD (little black dress) a la Audrey Hepburn. Maybe the hem is off a tad, but really I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not screaming hot fashion right now or a McQueen wannabe, but it's the kind of thing that will last the rest of your life, and with either a dark jacket or light jacket, it can really come alive.

    RépondreEffacer
  9. Try different shoes, even some ballet flats (my fav) to see if the proportions suit you better. It's a good dress and the fit is excellent. Maybe a snazzy scarf in coordinating color?

    RépondreEffacer
  10. It turned out great! Very nice fit.

    RépondreEffacer

Popular Posts